Since we now officially have 55 days until the launch of Mists of Pandaria, it came to my attention that I should probably prepare for this event. After which, I promptly kermit-flailed and panicked because I’m horrible at organizing. But after some coffee and chocolate I decided that a bucket list format would be best for me. I’m pretty good at making a list.
Here are some things that my family will be doing to prepare for pandemonium! (you can’t tell me that doesn’t describe what the opening quest areas will be)
- Work ahead on school work (so that you can take a few days off without failing!)
- Stock up on some quick nonperishable computer friendly snacks and drink ingredients (home made granola bars > hot pockets, they don’t scald or drip!)
- Get vacation time approved (if needed)
- Clean/organize the banks/bags/quest log of the character(s) you plan to level first, so you can start right away
- Liquidate anything that will not be profitable after the expansion hits
- Verify your computer will be able to run with the new specs! (You may need to upgrade something between now and 9/25!)
- Preorder your game! (if you chose to get a box copy, verify if it’s midnight release or if you’ll have to wait until the store opens!)
- Determine your “game” plan, fast leveling? max professions first? questing or dungeon crawling or pvp? ect.
- Discuss any character/role changes with your Guild or Raid Leader (if needed)
- Check your favorite blogs for ideas on what gear you’ll need, including mats to farm if you’ll need it crafted.
- Also check out the latest theorycrafting for your spec!
- Students: Continue working a little ahead!
- Parents: New toys/games/videos that are age appropriate will be your friend, order now so that you can bring them out the first few days. (Please for the love of Elune, do not neglect your children for a video game!)
- Need a leveling partner? Check with your guildmates!
The week leading up to Launch:
- Prepare your (non perishable) snacks (buy the perishable stuff now!)
- Warn folks you may be a little antisocial for a week or two (if needed)
- Clean your abode (house, apartment, bedroom, basement, dorm) to “mom is coming to visit” standards and do all your laundry!
- Predownload your game (if you have access to the download)
- Update addons if possible (be prepared for them to not work!)
- Pick up your game if you got a box set
I’m sure I forgot some things, but these are things my family will be doing to prepare for the leveling frenzy that is sure to happen. What steps will you be taking?